Friday, December 6, 2013

copper - another trend? (LIM, Little Red Wagon, Inkspirational)

I'm playing in the Sparkle challenge over at Less is More.  It's CAS.  Really.  It's only a colored image and a piece of patterned paper!


And where's the sparkle, you ask?


I was the lucky winner of the 1st Anniversary celebration over at Addicted to CAS with my geocaching card and my prizes have started rolling in ;)  Seriously ATCAS ladies, you are tooooooo kind.

Got some Joanna Sheen and Stampendous Christmas stamps from Karen B. and was excited to put this Santa Claus image to use with some new glitter embossing powder from Zing (copper - another up and coming trend?!?) and non-traditional colors.  I watercolored the image with Distress Inks. Since I'm sending it as a thank you card, I left the sentiment off the front.

Waddayathink?  I'm joining the Here Comes Santa challenge at Little Red Wagon and also the Anything Goes fun at Inkspirational.

And today I received another prize - some Siligum from Marie along with this beautiful card.  She used the most amazing cardstock.  Love that sentiment.



Is it really Friday again?  So much to do...  Thanks for stopping by.


Supplies for card:
Paper: watercolor paper, PP Studio Calico
Stamps:   Joanna Sheen
Ink : Versamark, Distress Inks
Tools: die Spellbinders
Other: Zing embossing powder, waterbrush

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Maria, congratulations once again on your win at ATCAS with your amazing card, glad you liked your gifts and the card I sent you and thanks for the shout out. As for your beautiful christmas card love the copper embossing and the gorgeous coloring he looks wonderful against such a gorgeous backdrop.

Marie

Chrissie said...

We do like to see whitespace Maria, but I agree with you that the design is CAS!
I love the sparkle!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More

Anonymous said...

Love the vintage looking of your card and quilt paper background!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Beautiful!! I just posted a card using copper zing as we'll! What a coincidence! The two are nothing alike, either! I love how your card has such a vintage feel!

JanR said...

Wow, that is sparkly! Great card. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Happy Dance said...

Very cool, Maria! I've always loved the look of copper. I'm hoarding some lovely, thick, shimmery copper cardstock. Your card is such a delight to behold. Love it. Bev

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I like the mismatched paper look of the background and the subtle sparkle on the image is great. Thanks so much for sharing at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

shirley-bee said...

Love the combination of the vintage santa and patchwork paper.

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Oh my goodness - love that sweet water colored santa!! So precious and beautifully executed!! Thanks so much for all of your sweet comments on my blog today, Maria! You made my day!!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

P.S. The card your friend sent? AMAZEBALLS!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...