Thursday, December 12, 2013

nod to peacock feathers (CASE)

OK, it's not peacock feathers but you may notice a resemblance to this photo from the challenge that I've just missed the deadline for over at CASE study!



I needed a quick sympathy card.  Quick, as in put-the-dog-in-her-box-and-take-her-downstairs-with-me-and-get-the-card-ready-to-put-in-the-mail-before-it's-time-for-her-to-go-outside-for-a-walk.

Sympathy, as in the man died who owns the Christmas tree farm we always go to.  Thus the need for green.  Don't know him personally but we do know his daughters and sons-in-law.  We were actually there getting this year's tree on the day he died.  Ugh.

Laid down a mask and sprayed with blue Dylusions and turquoise glimmer mist (like peacock shine, ya know?).  Then moved the mask and sprayed with lime green.  Sopped up the excess mist with some paper and die cut the leaves (kinda plume-ish?) from it with my cool new Kesi Art Feuillage die.  Then a sentiment from a wonderful set that you must have for these nasty occasions, Hero Arts Remember.

I really wanted to play along with this challenge.  Chupa was the first one I contacted when I heard Cath was leaving Moxie Fab.  I knew she would be "in the know".  She tipped me off to the massive blog hop - thanks Chupa!  I suggested doing something at CASE Study to honor Cath.  So happy to see she's doing it this month.  Another lovely tribute to one lovely lady.

Thanks for looking.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a pretty sympathy card! Love the masking and spritzing!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh wow, such a stunner of a card! So pretty... such a shame you missed the challenge, you'd have plenty of comments on it :)

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful Sympathy card Maria, love the subtle background you created.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Beautiful card, but how sad! I think the holidays are hard enough without this kind of loss. You're a sweetie to make a heartfelt card for his family. Hugs!

shirley-bee said...

Gorgeous card, Maria! It's nice when you can personalise a card with the theme, I'm sure the family will love it. I like the mopped-up leaves!

Michelle said...

Beautiful, Maria! And perfect for the Christmas tree man's family!

Darnell said...

What a beautiful and personalized card made special for the family, Maria! So inspired and so great that it worked also for the RIC challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

Diane said...

Beautiful card, I am sure the family will appreciate it greatly!! The sprays you used are gorgeous! Have a Merry Christmas!!

Joni Andaya said...

I missed this beauty! Love this! The splatter and the mask you created is so Beautiful!

Kelly Griglione said...

So fitting for the family of a man who owned a Christmas tree farm! Really enjoy the masking and all the different colors. Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...